Health and Safety Training and Competency Manager
Francis Crick Institute | London
Salary: Circa £50,000 plus Excellent Benefits
Irwin & Colton are delighted to be working with The Francis Crick Institute to find a Health and Safety Training and Competency Manager to join their operational safety team. This position will play a leading role in delivering effective Health and Safety training programs including a competency improvement plan.
The Francis Crick Institute is world renowned for its biomedical research. It is a diverse and complex organisation including scientific, R&D and laboratory environments, and health and safety is a top priority. The successful candidate will join a well-established team of technical professionals operating across various specialisms.
Responsibilities for the Health and Safety Training and Competency Manager will include:
- Develop, implement and review an extensive Health and Safety skills competency matrix for the Crick
- Regularly undertake training needs and competency needs analyses
- Monitor training progress against competency needs and regularly review the competency policies
- Ensure the Institute remains legally compliant and meets its Health and Safety policy objectives
The successful Health and Safety Training and Competency Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar Health and Safety role, ideally from within scientific research, universities, containment facilities, or similar environment
- Extensive experience of successfully designing, delivering and monitoring training programs.
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent as a minimum
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with experience influencing and engaging with a wide range of stakeholders
This role would suit an experienced Health & Safety professional looking to progress their career further in a successful leading organisation. Please contact Emily Flynn on 01923 433 289 or to apply and for further details.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.