Audley Group is a leading provider and developer of luxury retirement properties and we are at an exciting and pivotal point in the growth of the business. Audley Group has 14 operating villages and a 5 further under construction. We are looking for an experienced Health & Safety Advisor to join our team and support our company growth.
This role will be remotely based, and you should expect travel to the properties about 2 – 3 days a week.
Reporting directly to the Group Health and Safety Manager you will take ownership of up to nine properties and work closely with the operational team.
The Health & Safety Advisor will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the Health and Safety Strategy and culture within Audley. Work with our Operations Team and Facilities Managers to deliver safe systems of work, H&S solutions (including some training) consistency and visible support to the Villages and Care Teams.
The Health and Safety Advisor will support the Group Health and Safety Manager to create, communicate and drive a robust and interactive HSE culture through the business, positively impacting on preventing accidents and incidents and contributing to the achievement of current objectives and targets.
- To undertake and revise operational risk assessments and introduce risk reduction strategies; and where required build these strategies into the Safety Management System
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable legislation and industry standards and notify management of implications, trends and best practice.
- To provide information, technical specialist advice and guidance in line with current UK Health and Safety Legislation.
- To liaise, on behalf of the Group Health and Safety Manager, with external enforcement agencies in relation to health & safety, food safety and fire compliance matters
- Promote HSE best practice and consistency within the Operations teams and across the business
- Contribute to the compilation of HSE Performance Management Reports, highlighting trends and issues, and support the Group Health and Safety Manager to devise improvement measures as appropriate.
- Act as the contact and liaison between Health & Safety the ICC and H&S Champions network.
- Report and escalate any apparent deficiencies in management systems of work, work activities or equipment that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment.
- To monitor and where necessary investigate accidents / dangerous occurrences. Actively seek measures to prevent reoccurrence, so as to produce a reduction in accident numbers.
- Collate and input data on the bi-annual fire risk assessment, evacuation and training programme.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- The ideal candidate will be an experienced Health & Safety Advisor within a multisite environment, with a NEBOSH Diploma with Technical or QHSE qualification at NVQ Level3 or above
- The candidate will Ideally hold or be working towards Grad IOSH level / CIEH.
- Knowledge and experience of legislative requirements such as COSHH, Fire Safety, Food safety, Health & Safety, and Safeguarding of our owners
- Must have good analysis and IT skills to produce practical solutions to a range of problems
- Competitive salary with annual performance bonus.
- Membership to our employee discount portal with access to discounts at all major retailers.
- Membership to our Healthcare cash plan scheme
- Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Access to our Audley Academy suite of training programmes.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £40,000.00-£43,000.00 per year