Job Title: Regional SHE Manager
Job Reference: SHL/SHE/R01
Job Description: Attached
Location: Carlisle covering the Cumbria and South West Scotland Region
Salary: Up to £45k + Car/Car Allowance and excellent benefits
Being a successful SHEQ manager requires regulatory knowledge, support from all levels of the company, and numerous hard and soft skills. A SHEQ manager must get buy-in for ideas and earn respect from employees to gain their committed to “doing the right thing”. They need to be motivators, influencers and inspire workers to understand the critical importance of safety. If this sounds like you please get in contact.
To provide ongoing technical and operational support to the Regional Management Team (RMT) and assist with the implementation of the Group SHE management system and objectives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To deputise for the SHEQ Director in their absence as required
- To deputise for peers in their absence as required.
- Be an active contributor to the RMT on all SHE matters including monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Assist in the review of existing SHE procedures following legislative or policy changes.
- Provide technical advice and support to all departments and on sites.
- Work collaboratively with departments and SHEQ Director to devise and develop robust, best practice safe systems of work in highest risk areas or following an incident.
- Work with peers to help drive change and aim for a consistent approach across all regions when assigned specific projects
- Provide guidance, support, technical information and assistance to sub-contractors on our sites.
- Deliver SHEQ improvement projects including trials, proposals, training and information to enable effective roll-out and implementation.
- Provide training and guidance to sites, as required
- Review and monitor external site visit scores and reports, identify trends and prepare guidance or attend sites in order to assist site teams to improve and ensure consistency.
- Undertake regular site inspection visits and prepare report for site manager using online system
- Highlight any trends identified in SHE visits, inspections, reports and review relevant or associated risk assessments and controls.
- Investigate all reported accidents and incidents on sites appropriately and prepare reports.
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant SHE legislation.
- Attend handover meetings with Production Manager and Site Manager when taking role of Principal Contractor from groundworker or remediation contractor
- Review high risk/complex RAMS
- Any other duties as requested by the SHEQ Director.
- Lead by example
- Excellent communication, organising and influencing skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative or as a member of a team
- Full driving licence.
- Be able to prioritise, adjust and react to rapidly changing situations, often at very short notice.
- Sound knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- IT literate.
- Grad IOSH possibly working toward CMIOSH
- NVQ 5 or NEBOSH Diploma
- NEBOSH construction certificate or equivalent
- Several years experience in a construction, preferably a house building, environment
- Good knowledge of construction methodology and technical specification.
It is a requirement of Story Homes that all staff work in a flexible manner compatible with their job and in line with the objectives of the company. Please note that the job description for this position may be reviewed and amended to incorporate the future needs of the business.