Salary: £30k--£40k DOE
Are you passionate about health and safety and want to be part of developing a positive and proactive safety culture? Would you enjoy working in an exciting, diverse and fast paced work environment? If so, then apply now to join our SHEQ team at the Port of Dover.
The Port of Dover is Europe's busiest ferry port, handling a significant proportionof the UKs trade in goods.Each year more than 2 million freight vehicles, 2million tourist vehicles and 10 million passengers pass through the Port.We alsowelcome more than 100 cruise ships, 150 cargo vessels and 4,000 leisure boatseach year.
Providing the infrastructure to support this busy 24/7 operation requires adedicated team of people working in a diverse rangeof roles.We arecommitted to developing the skills and industry knowledge of our employees toenhance performance andsupport the achievement of our business objectives.
You will assist in delivering beyond compliance health and safety performance and provide timely advice and solutions on health and safety issues associated with port operations and developments. The main emphasis of this post is to provide a high standard of professional support in driving forward a positive safety culture and proactively collaborate and engage with staff across the business to ensure all staff are empowered and supported in taking personal responsibility for health and safety.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years dedicated safety experience
- Minimum of NEBOSH general or construction certificate; NEBOSH diploma or equivalent desirable
- A working knowledge of ISO 45001 standard
- Detailed knowledge of health and safety legislation and application
- Be able to undertake comprehensive accident investigation including root cause analysis
- Monitor and audit health and safety performance
- Devising and delivering training programmes
- Comfortable working alone or as part of a team
- Be able to access heights and work on vessels within the harbour environment
- Ability to take part in an on-call rota
- Effective communicator across all levels of our organisation
- Be able to liaise with both internal and external stakeholders
- Full UK driving licence and use of own vehicle
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance
- Employee assistance programme
- 3rd partydiscounts
- Free parking
For more informationplease visit our website:www.doverport.co.uk/recruitment