Do the right thing
At Plymouth Community Homes we’ve got big plans! We are the city’s largest housing association with over 15,000 properties. With the largest number of social homes of any provider in Plymouth, we’re aiming to get bigger so that we can provide more people with the high-quality homes they want and can afford.
We are on a mission to be a leading provider of homes and excellent services in Britain’s rapidly developing Ocean City. With a great workforce we deliver good quality, well-managed and well-maintained homes.
We know that our staff make things happen, and our high standards mean that we ask a lot of our staff. Qualifications, competency and experience must be complemented by qualities like flexibility, enthusiasm, willingness to grasp opportunities as they arise, together with a passion to succeed. So, expect ongoing career development, team support and a working culture that strives for excellence.
As a Health and Safety Technician you will provide CDM and Health and Safety support in relation to all operational activities undertaken by PCH and the Asset Management Department, to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation. You will undertake risk assessments, workplace inspections, manage audits, and lead line management accident/incident investigations, recording and reporting accidents and dangerous occurrences and you are asked to evidence this in your application.
As you would expect from a sector leader we offer:
- An attractive and competitive salary
- Agile/flexible working opportunities
- 25 days annual leave (rising each year to a maximum of 30 days after 5 years’ service)
- Annual Leave Trading
- Excellent defined contributions pension with a high level of employer contributions
- Free annual flu vaccination
- A significant investment in learning and personal development
- Employee Discounts, Benefits, Recognition and Wellbeing Scheme
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Free onsite gym
- The opportunity to work in a beautiful and vibrant part of the Southwest
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Barrie Christison on 01752 388445 or Jacqui Hunt on 01752 388442.
This post is not suitable for job share.
Please note that we do not accept CV’s or letters of interest.
Shortlisting Date: 27th October 2021
Interview Date: 8th and 9th November 2021
Please click the “Apply” button
We are a committed Equal Opportunities employer. We welcome applications from suitably talented people from any community and background.
Living and Working in Plymouth