Flexible location - anywhere in the UK
Are you looking to join a business where a positive health, safety & sustainability culture underpins everything they do? Are you interested in innovation rather than regulation?
Siemens is a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, helping to improve lives, further human achievement and enhance the world around us. Siemens Rail Infrastructure division provides automation, electrification and infrastructure solutions, as well as turnkey services, to the transportation industry. That covers trams, light rail, metro, commuter and regional trains, high-speed and very high-speed trains.
As the UK Head of Health, Safety & Environment for the Rail Infrastructure business, you will collaborate with business leaders to create and deliver a bespoke HS&E strategy across all UK projects and assets. Day to day, you'll be providing strategic and practical HS&E leadership of a highly effective regional team of 40 HS&E and sustainability professionals, whilst striving for continual improvement in line with commercial goals.
* A confident and experienced leader - you'll be responsible for enhancing processes, mechanisms and tools which will enable a long-term, positive and sustainable HS&E culture across a variety of projects and assets.
* Passionate about people - you'll be responsible for leading, motivating and developing the HS&E team, ensuring high performance and achieving ambitious goals.
* Organised and able to prioritise - you'll be the corporate face of HS&E for the division, so your skills will be in high demand! It's important that you have held a similar post before and are confident in choosing what projects to prioritise at a given time.
In terms of experience:
* It's important that you have previous HS&E or sustainability leadership experience in a large, complex organisation. * It's vital that you can influence and engage with executive-level stakeholders, both internal and external.
* You will have previously worked in a highly-regulated industry, such as rail, construction, utilities, transportation, mining, energy, oil & gas, power generation or heavy manufacturing.
* It's important that you're technically proficient - you will possess a professional qualification in occupational health & safety.
* If you can demonstrate that you can build meaningful relationships whilst working remotely, that will go a long way.
You can be based anywhere in the UK, although this is a national role so be prepared to spend some time on the road.
In return for your skills and expertise you'll be met with a salary of up to £110,000 dependent on your experience, a bonus of up to 30% and an outstanding wider benefits package. You'll also have some peace of mind - Siemens hasn't been affected by recent events and is pushing ahead with its growth and hiring plans.
If this has piqued your interest, get in touch with Jonathan Goldsmith at to discuss the role. Don't worry if your CV isn't ready yet - we can work out the finer details later.