Informa has an exciting new opportunity working across our EMEA portfolio of large exhibitions, conferences, smaller events and facilities portfolio.
Reporting to the Head of Group Health, Safety & Security, you will set the strategic direction and framework for the management of Health, Safety and Security (HSS) for the Informa group in EMEA. Engaging stakeholders across the Group, you will be responsible to develop, deliver and ensure adoption of policies, training and best practices across the Informa work places and to ensure these standards are understood and embedded.
The Regional Head of Safety, Security and Resilience, EMEA is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required, commensurate with this role:
- Influence and empower colleagues to shape and implement robust plans that drive safety and security performance and continual improvement
- Deliver inspiring leadership in embedding a safety culture that balances operational demands against risk in order to create and sustain a safety culture that goes beyond compliance to ensure our colleagues, and all who come into contact with us are truly safeguarded
- Review and maintain Health, Safety and Security standards and systems across EMEA operations to meet company internal policies ensuring that relevant local and, where applicable, international requirements are achieved. This will include our large exhibitions, conferences, smaller events and our facilities portfolio
- Deliver the range of training modules that make up the HSS training suite to colleagues commensurate with their role and responsibilities.
- Support and advise the operating businesses on venue and sub-contractor selection and usage & associated performance management criteria to mitigate risk exposure
- Advise on security risks within the region
- Advise on travel risks within the region in collaboration with the Travel team.
- Conduct event safety assessments and when required, incident investigations
- Provide technical health, safety and security advice to event teams.
- Be an active member of the Informa Business Resilience Council and support the BR agenda by offering technical input and support, training and coaching and management of the Incident preparedness, response and resilience framework.
What we’re looking for
- Relevant health, safety and security experience, coupled with experience of managing health, safety and security at a Regional level.
- Health and safety qualifications to at least NVQ5/NCRQ/ NEBOSH Diploma level;
- A Security or Business continuity qualification is desirable coupled with experience in this field (or willingness to undertake one)
- Willingness to participate in Continued Professional Development
- Ability and willingness to travel across the EMEA as required
- Have a good understanding of digital EHS solutions and data
- Experience of working in the events or exhibitions industry
Alongside a competitive salary, Informa also offers the following employee benefits:
- Season ticket loan & Cycle2work
- Money purchased pension scheme & life assurance
- Eye care and childcare vouchers
- 25 days annual holiday, increasing to 27 days after 2 years, plus an extra day off for your birthday and another for raising money for charity!
- Our Learning team supports year-round development, with face-to-face training, mentoring and access to LinkedIn Learning
- Informa's colleague Share Incentive Plan matches every share purchased with 2 free shares
- Informa offers a £250 Healthy Lifestyle subsidy to spend on fitness activities and classes
- You are given permission to take 4 days off per year to volunteer with an approved scheme
- Modern office in a central location
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.