Health and Safety Manager
Croydon | £50,000 + Car Allowance
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a specialist construction contractor to recruit a Health and Safety Manager. The company provide fit-out and maintenance services to a variety of sectors across the UK, and this role will look after sites covering South London through to Kent. The projects the company undertake range from listed buildings through to schools, social housing, hospitals and some of the most well known commercial buildings in the UK.
This is a great opportunity for a Health and Safety Manager ready to hit the ground running.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Managing and working closely with site teams to ensure documentation is in place and they can achieve the effective delivery of the health and safety strategy
- Constantly assessing opportunities for creating pragmatic solution for health and safety challenges and sharing best practice across the organisation
- Auditing, inspecting and reporting on health and safety performance across the sites
- Conducting incident investigations to identify root cause and making recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role, ideally within construction or a related industry
- Experience operating at site, influencing and engaging across the business
- Hold NEBOSH / NCRQ Certificate and ideally a member of IOSH
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage people and competing priorities
This position will require an individual who is passionate about health and safety and high performance. For further information or to discuss your career, contact Isla Robson on or 01923 432 801. Job reference: IR1251.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Manager positions.