Health and Safety Advisor
Halifax | £35,000 + Car
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a multi-disciplined Principal Contractor to recruit a Health and Safety Advisor. The company work on a range of new build and refurbishment projects across a number of sectors, including retail and commercial spaces. The role is tasked both with ensuring the Health and Safety policies and procedures are in place across the business and working with site leaders to ensure the successful implementation onsite. This role will involve frequent travel to sites across the UK.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Implementing health and safety policies and procedures on site, ensuring compliance and keeping updated with key changes to legislation
- Visiting site and engaging with managers, ensuring responsibilities are clear and answering technical Health and Safety related enquires
- Conducting audits, inspections, and accident investigations. Constantly seeking areas for improvement and development in health and safety performance
- Engaging with the client and other external stakeholders, acting as a key point of contact
The successful Health and Safety Advisor candidate will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within construction, civil engineering or related industries
- A NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate, and ideally membership of IOSH
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Good knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
UK Driver's licence is essential.
This position will require an individual who is passionate about health and safety and high performance. For further information or to discuss your career, contact Isla Robson on 01923 432 801, or Job ref IR1264.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.