Health & Safety Manager
Salary: £45,000 to £50,000 plus excellent benefits
We are very pleased to be working for a reputable FMCG manufacturing company, to recruit a Health & Safety Manager. The company has a long heritage of successful operations and is a leader in their field, recognised globally for the quality of their products.
The position will play a leading role in ensuring the continuous improvement of health and safety across the site.
Ensuring the local site is compliant with both UK legislation and promoting a 'best in class' health and safety cultureResponsibilities of the Health & Safety Manager:
- Leading, coaching and mentoring across the site, acting as a key point of contact for health and safety queries and information
- Ensuring adherence to the management systems, auditing safety and health performance, reporting and investigating any incidents and near misses
- Engaging with key internal and external stakeholders including contractors, regulators, enforcement agencies, and suppliers
The successful Health & Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar health and safety position, ideally with experience from FMCG manufacturing, chemicals or oil and gas industry
- NEBOSH or NCRQ as minimum and ideally membership of a professional body (i.e IOSH)
- Ideally COMAH experience
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience engaging at all levels
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation
This is an excellent opportunity to work with an experienced team on a range of new initiatives and projects. For further details, get in touch with Emily Flynn on 01923 433 289 or
Irwin & Colton is a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.