Head of Environment
Rickmansworth | Circa £72,000 + Car Allowance and Excellent Benefits
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a high-profile civil engineer to recruit a Head of Environment. Turning over in excess of £300m, the company have a number of long-term, infrastructure contracts throughout the UK, and environmental standards are at the core of each of these. This is a group role, and the successful candidate will be responsible for leading on all elements of Environment and Sustainability for the business, from site level to senior management.
Responsibilities for the Head of Environment will include:
- Creating, developing and leading the team to implement the Environment strategy across the group
- Leading the team writing, reviewing and delivering environmental policies and procedures to ensure environment best practice are implemented onsite
- Engaging with a range of key stakeholders including contractors, clients and regulatory bodies, to help drive Environment performance
- Ensuring the accurate reporting on Environment performance and communicating this across the organisation
- Continually scanning the horizon to create and implement environmental projects to ensure best practice across the organisation
The successful Head of Environment will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within utilities, civil engineering, construction, or related field
- Ideally a degree in Environment, Sustainability or related subject and ideally membership of IEMA
- Excellent communications skills with proven experience engaging a wide range of stakeholders
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant environmental legislation, compliance and regulations, including ISO 14001 experience
A UK driver's licence is essential. Contact Isla Robson on or 01923 432 801. Job ref IR1271.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Environment, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the Environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Advisor positions.