Sustainability Advisor | Birmingham or Manchester or London
£45,000 + Car allowance + Benefits
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a market leader in the Principal Contractor Market to recruit Sustainability Advisor. The company work on a range of major construction projects across various sectors. This role sits centrally within the organisations environment and sustainability team ensuring the companies projects are on track to meet their sustainability goals.
The successful candidate will be driven to progress their career, working closely with the Head of Environment and Sustainability to achieve this.
The role is tasked both with ensuring Sustainability policies and procedures are in place across the business and working with site leaders to ensure the successful implementation onsite.
Key responsibilities of the Sustainability Advisor will include:
- Ensuring the delivery of the sustainability policy, and compliance with legislation and regulations across a wide range of diverse projects
- Conducting BREEAM assessments and working closely with the wider project teams to ensure BREEAM is delivered successfully
- Conducting site visits and audits, constantly scanning for opportunities to drive improvements, and deliver training where required
- Regularly liaising with project delivery teams on matters regarding BREEAM and then reporting progress and findings back to the design teams
The successful Sustainability Advisor requires:
- Demonstrable environmental and sustainability experience, ideally within Construction, Civil engineering, or related industry
- Qualified in an appropriate environmental discipline with good knowledge of BREEAM and wider sustainability assessment methods (LEED, WELL, Wiredscore)
- Ideally hold a BREEAM assessor qualification or equivalent qualification
- A passion for excellence, and an ambition to grow and develop a career within the environmental space
The position will include frequent travel across London. For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact James Cox on 01923 432 687 or , or apply here.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Environment, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Manager positions.