Health and Safety Advisor
Dartford | £40,000 + Car Allowance
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a large, high profile construction company to recruit a Health and Safety Advisor. The company have over 50 years of operation and have played a key role in many of the UK's highest profile construction and development projects. This role will cover sites across Kent and outskirts of London, and is part of a much larger, tight knit health and safety team who meet regularly.
Responsibilities for the Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Implementing health and safety policies and procedures on site, ensuring compliance and keeping updated with key changes to legislation
- Visiting site and engaging with managers, ensuring responsibilities are clear and answering technical Health and Safety related enquires
- Conducting audits, inspections, and accident investigations. Constantly seeking areas for improvement and development in health and safety performance
- Engaging with the client and other external stakeholders, acting as a key point of contact
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Experience in a similar role ideally within construction, civil engineering or utilities
- Hold or working towards NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate with a broad range of stakeholders
UK Driver's license is essential. Contact Isla Robson on or 01923 432 801 for more information. Job ref: IR1272.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.