Senior Health and Safety Advisor | Birmingham | £53,000 + Car or Car Allowance and benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a leading Civil Engineering Contractor to recruit a Senior Health and Safety Advisor. This role will be responsible for driving a positive safety culture and best practice across the company's civil engineering and groundworks projects. Supported by the larger Health & Safety team, this is great opportunity to join a highly successful developing business in the UK with excellent opportunities for career advancement.
Responsibilities of the Senior Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Developing and implementing innovative ideas to improve health and safety performance
- Providing competent and professional SHE advice to all employees and ensure all company systems, procedures and policies are complied with.
- Advise on the practical implementation of safe systems of work, construction phase plans and environmental management plans
- Conducting training, toolbox talks, inductions and investigating incidents where required
- Undertaking audits and inspections, identifying areas for improvement and reporting on the findings
The successful Senior Health and Safety Advisor candidate will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally from within construction or a related industry
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate or equivalent and ideally membership of IOSH
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to tailor a message and communicate succinctly to a range of stakeholders at different levels
- Drive and enthusiasm with the willingness to develop and grow
This is an excellent opportunity for an established health and safety professional to further develop their career across an interesting portfolio of construction projects, with a leading principal contractor. For further details and to apply please contact Ryan Cotter on or 01923 432 689
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.