Health, Safety and Environment Manager
Norwich| Circa £55,000 + Car Allowance and Excellent Benefits
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a Principal Contractor to recruit a Health, Safety and Environment Manager. This role will work alongside the Senior Management team on a range of residential development projects. Reporting directly into the Managing Director, this role will have direct responsibility for Health and Safety across the business. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious health and safety and professional who is looking to develop their career further with a leader in the industry.
Responsibilities for the Health, Safety and Environment Manager will include:
- Working with the senior management reviewing the health and safety strategy, ensuring this is fit for purpose and industry best practice
- Engaging with operational teams, clients and external stakeholders, ensuring responsibilities are clear and the strategy is delivered at site level
- Keeping updated with key changes to legislation and ensuring the organisation remains compliant and answering technical health and safety related enquires
- Accurately reporting to the Board on Health, Safety and Environment performance, and continually identifying areas for improvement.
The successful Health, Safety and Environment Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within civil engineering or construction.
- Ideally hold or working towards a NEBOSH/NCRQ Diploma or NVQ 5 (or equivalent) and membership of IOSH
- The ability to influence and engage key internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage from site level to Board
This role would suit an ambitious health and safety professional looking to further grow and develop their career. A UK Driver's license is essential. For further information or to discuss your career, contact Ryan Cotter on 01923 432 689 or Job ref: RC1283.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.