Health and Safety Manager
Salary: Circa £60,000 + Excellent Benefits
We're working with a global leader within the mining and natural resources sector. The company operates across the world and has an extensive network and workforce in the UK. The Health and Safety Manager will lead on all Health and Safety matters and will support business operations.
This role is UK based with some international travel and will consist of a mixture of home working with weekly travel to their head office near Newport.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Experience working with and developing a Health and Safety Management System aligned with ISO 45001
- Providing support and advice to operations teams and conducting regular meetings to review safety action plans
- Auditing Health and Safety performance, accurately reporting and investigating incidents and near misses
- Adhering to relevant regulations and legislation, striving to reach industry best practice at every opportunity
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Experience from within oil & gas, mining, heavy manufacturing, engineering, waste / recycling, power or other related industry experience
- Multi-site experience, including remote or overseas travel
- ISO 45001 internal auditor experience
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Diploma qualified and membership of a relevant body (i.e IOSH)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in the boardroom and on site
This role would suit an experienced health and Safety professional looking to progress their career further in a successful global organisation. Please contact Emily Flynn on 01923 433 289 or to apply and for further details.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.