Year-on-year, as we continue to grow, we need to work as smart as we can, to keep all our team members safe, fulfilled, motivated and empowered. To enable us achieve this, we’re seeking an enthusiastic Workplace Health and Safety Specialist. With your Bias for Action we will need you to step in and support the Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) team in one of our Fulfillment Centres.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced, innovative and hands-on person who is enthusiastic about Health and Safety in a professional context. In time, we’ll expect you to become as customer-centric as we are and apply this to your work each day.
You will also need to be able to identify, coordinate and promote improvements in Workplace Health and Safety, while engaging operational and other support function stakeholders. The WHS Specialist will report directly to the Fulfillment Centre WHS Manager.
· Assisting with the delivery of safety performance and monitoring, in line with personnel, team and functional goals and objectives
· Facilitating and/or arranging training programs on critical Fulfillment Centre WHS issues, and the training of new Health and Safety team members
· Supporting the implementation of WHS programs within Fulfillment Centre Operations, while delivering key risk assessment activities
· Promoting compliance with local and EU legislation, and participating in the EU Fulfilment Centre EHS Safety Audit Programme
· Ensuring that WHS systems are kept accurate at all times, with completed incident reports, alongside all supporting documentation, and assisting the WHS Manager with the construction of incident prevention programs
· Contributing to Fulfilment Centre requests for improvement of on-site safety and positively impact accident trends
· Preparing responses to insurers or solicitors in response to any personal injury claims
· Acting as a proxy for the EHS Manager, as and when required
· Arranging, facilitating and contributing to Fulfilment Centre Safety Steering Committee meetings
· Arranging and conducting basic surveys and checks in the Fulfillment Centre environment, looking into facility processes, Health and Safety supplies as well as employee behaviours.
You’re qualified to NEBOSH Diploma/NVQ5 level or equivalent qualification, or you hold degree level qualifications in any subject and are willing to complete these or equivalent qualifications within an agreed timescale.
· You’re able to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of essential Environment, Health and Safety legislation
· Candidates with relevant experience, from backgrounds that may differ from Safety disciplines, will also be considered.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.