Senior Health and Safety Manager - Southern region - civil engineering/rail - £65k-£80k+package - managing a team of Health and Safety professionals across the region - South-West, South coast.
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Regional Health & Safety Manager to join our established and expanding business and take the health & safety lead for our Southern regional business units, overseeing all Health & Safety related matters on a portfolio of projects and contracts.
You will be joining an experienced team of SHEQ professionals supporting business units, projects and contracts across the UK in all matters relating Health, Safety, Quality & Environment. Our SHEQ team consists of specialist advisors in a host of geographical and specialist subject areas. As Senior Regional Health & Safety Manager, you will be responsible for the management of all Health and Safety related matters in the Southern business regions reporting directly to the Group SHEQ Director. This role will focus and coordinate H&S support across all business streams in the South Region. Encompassing site visit support, support to the Regional Managing Director and Regional Operations Directors, representing the business at senior level client meetings, supporting PQQ and bid responses.
Your day to day duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• To provide informed advice, guidance and support on health, safety and welfare matters to all parties.
• To promote a positive SHEQ culture in the business by coaching and supporting behavioural interventions.
• Ensure implementation of agreed solutions to achieve compliance with Health and Safety Legislation.
• To contribute to the preparation of Project Health and Safety Plans and ensure compliance with their requirements.
• To provide detailed H&S input into all stages of the project process from initial pre-qualification to contract completion to ensure that projects are executed in a safe manner.
• To undertake Site Safety Inspections in accordance with the H&S Inspection plan to ensure that the requirements of the company’s Safety Management System, Project Health and Safety Plans, current H&S legislation and client requirements are addressed and compliance achieved. This will include occasional weekend and night time site visits.
• To ensure that corrective actions arising from Site Safety Inspections are effectively addressed and closed out and that opportunities for the continuous improvement of safe working practices are fully exploited.
• To liaise with Client Safety Representatives and Regulatory authorities on all Health and Safety issues.
• To prevent the adoption of unsafe working practices.
• To undertake Accident and Incident Reporting and Accident / Incident Investigation, in accordance with the company’s procedures.
• To develop and facilitate open communications on Health and Safety issues across Project Teams.
• To monitor and report upon Health and Safety Performance in accordance with management reporting requirements, including the identification of areas of concern and opportunities for improvement.
• Preparation of monthly health and safety reports for region / business.
• To facilitate Health and Safety visits.
• To manage the Company’s Principle Contractors Licence (Rail only).
• To proactively contribute to the development and delivery of Health and Safety “Best Practice” across the organisation.
• To support the development and delivery of a consistent approach to Health and Safety across the organisation.
• To provide in house training on various health and safety topics.
• Manage and support the development of direct reports – H&S Advisors & H&S Managers.
To excel in this role, you will have previous experience as Senior and/or Regional Health & Safety Manager in a rail and civil engineering project or framework contract environment.
Relevant qualification in Health & Safety – Degree/Diploma/HNC/HND
Experience working in a rail project environments
Chartered or working towards chartered status – IOSH
Competitive annual salary negotiable dependant on experience
Company Car or Car Allowance
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Westfield Health Cash Plan