Acre Are pleased to be working in partnership with a leading global Law firm to identify their new Head Environment & Resilience. In this global role, reporting into the Director of Business Services you will directly manage and work with the Senior Managers for each of Environmental Management, Global (Physical) Security, and Business Continuity in defining and implementing the function's agreed strategic and operational priorities across this truly global law firm.
The role requires close collaboration with an array of senior stakeholders and risk functions within the firm globally. The post holder will engage regularly with co-heads of Pro Bono and Community Investment (PBCI), Diversity and Procurement to help develop a sustainability strategy. It will involve engagement with the Global Head of Risk, the Heads of the Business Protection Unit and the Information Security teams and must be a trusted advisor and carry credibility with senior Partners across the firm.
Its critical that the post holder must have detailed understanding of sustainability issues and be able to manage other senior experts around the delivery of physical security and business continuity strategies.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Line management of the Senior Managers of Global Security, Business Continuity and Environment, taking overall responsibility for all related policies, processes, and issues.
- Development and maintenance of a risk-based security, resilience, and environmental strategy for the firm globally
- Work with the Environment Senior Manager to deliver the integration of Environmental and Health & Safety best practice with the drive for continuous improvement of physical/personnel and resilience standards across the global network
- Work with the Business Continuity Senior Manager to deliver the integration of the on-going provision of BCM best practice with the drive for continuous improvement of physical security and environmental standards across the global network
- Work with the Global Security Senior Manager to ensure a consistent standard for physical and personnel security across the global network, through regular office audits, providing advice / input to local Security coordinators and/or project managers for new offices, setting security system specifications and managing the firm's Travel Security programme
This role would suit a senior leader with significant global environmental experience coupled with exposure to wider business and security risk. You will ideally have subject matter expertise across environment, business continuity and physical security although the client is willing to be flexible for the right candidate.
- Significant people management experience.
- Knowledge of and experience within a senior sustainability role, with an apprehension of security & business continuity risks.
- Excellent leadership skills and able to influence, inspire confidence and build consensus at all levels
- Able to resolve complex problems, taking a proactive approach to analysing the issues and generating
- Demonstrate strategic vision and understanding of how best to implement strategy
- Thrive in a high-pressure environment and have a flexible approach to work and be able to cope with ambiguity.
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the largest Law firms in the world in a high-profile impactful position. Apply today for more information.