12 month FTC - Up to £40,000 DOE - Part time - QHSE Manager
Your new company
I have an exciting opportunity to join a leading organisation as a QHSE Manager for a fixed term contract of 12 months on a part time basis. My client is an innovative and dynamic company who draw on their core competencies and are respected globally for their work they do. Established in Manchester since 2001, this company believe each of their employees play a key part in driving their business and promote an open and rewarding culture.
Your new role
Reporting in to the Operations Director the purpose of your role is to ensure the company's environmental, quality and health and safety systems are maintained and developed to the highest standards whilst providing advice and guidance to all areas of the business across 2 sites.
- Develop, monitor and update EHS improvement plans and safe systems of work
- Monitor and review EHS policies and working practices
- Plan and undertake audits
- Promote excellent behavioural safety measures
- Ensure efficient accident, incident and near miss reporting and where required, conduct investigations and root cause analysis
- Lead month EHS meetings
- Prepare and present in-house training
- Monitor and ensure compliance of hazardous substances, occupational diseases, electrical safety, machine operations and manual handling
What you'll need to succeed
You will have experience working within the manufacturing or chemicals industry and be able to commit to the full 12 month contract period. NEBOSH is a minimum requirement to be considered for the role and you must be available to start in January. You will have experience with ISO9001, be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills and be adaptable in your approach to work.
What you'll get in return
This role is a 12 month fixed term contract to cover a maternity leave and is expected to start in January to ensure an efficient handover period. Part time opportunity, 3 days a week. 25 days holiday plus bank holiday and onsite parking. Salary of up to £40,000 FTE depending on experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.