Health & Safety Advisor
Salary: £300 per day - 6 month contract - inside IR35
We've been engaged by a leading waste, recycling and environmental services company to recruit a site based Health & Safety Advisor on a 6 month contract. The role, reporting to SHEQ Lead and Plant Manager, will support on all health, safety and environment matters for a busy processing facility in the Wrexham area.
The organisation has an excellent reputation in the industry, with a long history of successful operation across the UK and internationally.
Responsibilities of the Health & Safety Advisor will include:
- Promote a positive health and safety culture across the site, supporting staff at all levels with practical advice
- Help to manage and deliver on the Health, Safety & Environment plan and objectives for the site
- Support with the induction and training across the site, liaising with external contractors as required
- Update and review the management systems in line with company best practice
The successful Health & Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within waste, recycling, chemicals, healthcare or a related industry
- NEBOSH Certificate (as minimum) and / or relevant Environment qualifications and ideally membership of a relevant professional body (i.e IOSH, IEMA)
- Knowledge and experience in the management and processing of waste (advantage)
- The ability to influence and engage with all levels of the organisation
This position would suit an experienced Health and Safety professional who enjoys striving for improvements and best practice. For further details and to apply please contact Michael Colton on 01923 432 633.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.