£41,562 - £46,776 per annum
Permanent (2x posts available)
Hampshire County Council are seeking experienced health and safety professionals to join its Corporate Health and Safety Team
The team delivers proactive improvement plans based on the HSG65 management approach and undertakes reactive work including incident investigations.
Hampshire County Council are recruiting for:
- A Senior Health and Safety Adviser to work across the organisation on matters including property-related risk and contractor management. You will be qualified to NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent level, with experience in providing health and safety advice and support on a range of topics including contractor management.
- A Senior Health and Safety Adviser to provide competent advice to the Council’s Culture, Communities and Business Services (CCBS) department. You will be qualified to NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent level, with experience in providing health and safety advice and support on a range of topics across areas involving significant public interaction. The role will also involve supervisory responsibility for a small team of other health and safety professionals.
What we can offer you:
In return we can oﬀer continued support and development as well as a generous beneﬁts package, including:
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme
- A minimum 25 days’ annual leave entitlement
- Flexible working
- Interest free travel loans and discounts
- Employee Support Services
- Family friendly policies
Contact Details for an Informal Discussion:
For those interested in the CCBS focused role, please contact Nicholas Howell, Health and Safety Manager on 07595 214667.
For those interested in the Property Services focused role, please contact Charles Gilby, Head of Health and Safety on 07736 461488.
Closing date: 31 January 2022.
Interview date: to take place early February 2022.
Hampshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all employees, workers and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
We are a Disability Confident Employer – committed to ensuring that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible.