Safety, Health and Environment Coordinator
Salary: up to £35,000 depending upon experience
Qualifications: Nebosh Certificate or equivalent
Assured Safety Recruitment has been engaged by a leading heavy industry manufacturer, offering a diverse and innovative range of products used by many of the UK’s most successful business's. The group continues to deliver strong financial performance showing year on year growth in revenue and EBITDA. We are partnering with this employer in the recruitment of a site based Safety, Health and Environment Coordinator
You will provide support and coordination for all Safety, Health and Environment activities on site and coordinate the systems and processes to monitor and achieve compliance to legislation and group policies as well as being the focal point of both internal and external Safety, Health and Environment audits.
You will support Operational Management to champion innovation and solutions to promote a positive culture and health and safety working practices, share best practice with other sites or external forums and to drive continuous improvement.
Your responsibilities will include;
. Overseeing all company Safety, Health and Environment standards on site
· Coordinating employees Safety, Health and Environment training processes and records, to demonstrate competence
· Communicating policies and procedures to operational management
· Assisting sites to meet their health and safety objectives
· Managing actions that are identified for health, safety and environment within the relevant database
· Overseeing audits of the site to demonstrate compliance
· Assisting the business to maintain legal compliance
· Coordinating the accident and incident reports for health, safety and environmental issues at the site using the relevant database and assist with investigations
· Coordinating the prompt investigation of accidents, plant or property damage, dangerous occurrences and environmental incidents or breaches
· Maintain all safety related statistics for the site (Near Miss, Near Hit, Incidents, Accidents) within the relevant database
· Coordinating health surveillance for all applicable colleagues
· Undertaking regular health and safety inspections
· Spot checking the contractor control and permit to work processes to ensure they are correctly followed
· Assisting with inductions for employees, contractors and visitors as necessary
· Coordinating the risk assessment zone plan and the creation and review of risk assessments for all activities
· Maintaining documentation within the IMS system for clear visibility of compliance
· Assisting with the creation of policies and procedures for the central IMS system
- We are seeking candidates with a Nebosh Certificate and experience of coordinating health and safety within a medium to high hazard manufacturing/engineering background or other industrial setting such as distribution.
- You will have strong compliance skills, self-organisation and PC/administration skills.
- Previous experience as a Health and Safety Coordinator/Advisor would be advantageous.