Project Health and Safety Advisor
Salary - £60,000 plus car and excellent benefits (inc. 30 days leave)
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a high-profile civil engineer to recruit a Project Health and Safety Advisor. The role is responsible for HSE across a £1bn project and is one of the highest profile civils engineering schemes in the UK. Our client has an excellent track record across health and safety and this role is critical to its continued success.
This role is looking for an experienced health and safety professional, an innovative individual who can bring ideas and energy to the role. The role will work alongside a team of experienced HSE professionals.
Key responsibilities of the Project Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Help with implementation of the health and safety strategy on sites, working closely with the client and contractors ensuring HSE best practice
- Working with a team of Health and Safety professionals ensuring the delivery of the strategy on the project
- Influencing, engaging, and coaching key internal and external stakeholders to effect change
- Constantly assess opportunities for improvement and share best practice across the organisation
Essential experience for the Project Health and Safety Advisor:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally on large infrastructure, rail or construction projects.
- Experience in influencing and engaging with senior management.
- Ideally Grad/Tech IOSH, and ideally working towards CMIOSH
- Effective communication skills - both verbal and written, with the ability to engage with a range of clients and stakeholders
- A positive and pragmatic attitude to problem solving within health and safety.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experience health and safety leader to further develop their career across an interesting portfolio of rail infrastructure projects, with a leading Principal Contractor. For further details and to apply please contact James Cox on 01923 432 687.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.