We have partnered exclusively with an exciting global leading manufacturing organisation, based in Bury St Edmunds who are currently seeking a HSE Manager to join their business. You will be responsible for continuing to drive health, safety and environmental standards forward at their upper tier COMAH site.
This is a fantastic time to be joining as they have recently moved into a brand-new, world-class manufacturing facility. There is great buy in from the senior leadership team and the Operations Director, is looking for someone who can take their HSE to the next level.
The HSE Manager Role:
• You will continually identify where improvements can be made, by carrying out audits and identifying trends and putting necessary actions in place.
• As well as promoting a positive Health and Safety culture across the business, you will provide day to day Health and Safety advice to the business.
• You will be involved with carrying out accident investigations, risk assessments, audits, providing training, developing management systems and keeping abreast of new regulations
• Monitoring and developing Health and Safety performance within the business, ensuring standards and company objectives are met.
• Liaise with the Competent Authority, HSE, EA, emergency responders, insurers and other appropriate authorities and bodies on behalf of the company.
• Map out the requirements to initiate ISO 14001 compliance on site.
The HSE Manager Candidate:
• NEBOSH General as a minimum, but ideally Diploma Qualified or working towards
• You must have prior experience working in a Chemical / High Hazard manufacturing environment
• Experience of working with chemicals ideally COMAH regulated sites
• Experience of DSEAR, COSHH, PUWER HAZOP and LOPA methodologies
• Experience of ISO 45001 and 14001
• You will have a positive, proactive approach to your work, with strong communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders
• Experience developing and leading on behavioural safety culture
• Knowledge of Environmental standards is desirable
Vacancy Reference: PR/020077
Vacancy Owner: Ryan Binnee | email@example.com | (+44) 1296 326383 |(+44) 7525 277330