Director of Health, Safety and Environment
London | Circa £125,000 plus Excellent Benefits
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a large construction company to recruit their Director of Health, Safety and Environment. The company are delivering a range of major projects, and have an excellent track record of health and safety performance. This role is critical to ensure their health and safety standards and culture continue to be implemented on each project.
Responsibilities of the Director of Health, Safety and Environment will include:
- Working with senior management and stakeholders to develop and continually refine the health and safety strategy
- Leading the Health and Safety team ensuring the successful delivery of the strategy on site, managing and coaching the health and safety and site teams, to ensure compliance and a positive safety culture
- Influencing, engaging and coaching key internal and external stake holders to drive change
- Conducting major health and safety incident investigations to identify root cause and making recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
- Constantly assessing opportunities for health and safety improvements and sharing best practice across the organisation
The successful Director of Health, Safety and Environment will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role, within construction, civil engineering or related environments
- Leadership and management experience, with experience driving change across an organisation
- A strong technical knowledge across Health and Safety legislation
- Ideally NEBOSH or NCRQ Diploma and Membership of IOSH or other relevant professional body
If you are interested and would like to find out more, please contact Isla Robson on or 01923 432 801. Job reference: IR1473.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Director of Health, Safety and Environment through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.