Health and Safety Advisor
Girvan, Glasgow, or Edinburgh (homebased with site travel)
£40,000 + Company Car and Excellent Benefits
Irwin & Colton is partnering with one of Scotland's largest infrastructure organisations to recruit a Health and Safety Advisor to join their successful and innovative Health & Safety team. The role will involve working on a range of projects in and around the south of Scotland to ensure the delivery of best practice health and safety in line with the overall company strategy.
This role would suit an enthusiastic and passionate safety professional, who is keen to develop their career in a forward thinking and dynamic environment.
This role can be based from home anywhere in the south of Scotland with some site travel.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Advisor include:
- Visiting sites and offering health and safety advice and guidance
- Conducting audits, site inspections and undertake any accident and incident investigations where necessary
- Producing performance reports, incident and investigation reports and other safety related documentation in a concise and timely manner
- Involvement in new projects and other safety related company initiatives
The Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Previous industry experience is not essential. However, experience in the construction, civil engineering, or related industry could be beneficial
- NEBOSH certificate or equivalent and ideally membership of IOSH
- Good communication skills with the ability to engage with a range of individuals
- Real passion for Health and Safety with a drive and desire to constantly see improvements
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading utilities company, who have an excellent track record of developing and investing in their employees' careers. For further details please contact Dean Townshend on or 01923 432 689. Job reference DT1550.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Advisor, through to Health and Safety Director positions.