Senior Health and Safety Manager (Client Side Construction)
Reading | £77,000 + Car allowance & Excellent benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by one of the UK's largest technology and infrastructure providers to recruit a Senior Health and Safety Manager. With circa 500 employees the organisation play a critical role to ensure the reliable delivery of telecommunications and infrastructure across the UK.
This role will primarily focus on working both internally and externally with the construction supply chain, and stakeholders including designers and Principal Contractors, to ensure health and safety is embedded within the decision-making process throughout the full project life cycle.
Responsibilities of the Senior Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Engaging key internal and external stakeholders ensuring the vision for health and safety is communicated and implemented through the supply chain
- Providing technical support to key decision makers and influencing the projects to ensure health and safety is at the forefront of decision making particularly at the design phase
- Leading on the implementation of a health and safety procurement framework to drive performance through the supply chain - including PQQs and tendering
- Managing and supporting the wider team in the development and delivery of the strategy, identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of the health and safety function internally and externally
The successful Senior Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a senior health and safety role driving change across large organisations, ideally from a client-side role or Principal Contractor
- Working knowledge of the Health and Safety regulations and experience working with the construction supply chain to raise standards
- NEBOSH / NCRQ diploma (or equivalent) and hold or working towards Chartered Membership of IOSH
- A pragmatic approach to safety and the ability to engage and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, from site level to the boardroom
For further information contact James Irwin on or 01923 432 687 or apply here.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.