Environment and Sustainability Manager
Eastbourne based (with UK-wide Travel) | £45,000 - £50,000 + Company Car
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by one of the UK's leading retailers within the Hardware and Decor space who are looking to bring on-board a new Environment and Sustainability Manager to lead across the business to drive and improve on their environmental and sustainability impact and efficiency, leading with vision.
This is a brand new role to the business, with an intention to grow the team further across the year, and will report into the Legal and Estates Director, with dotted lines into the Health and Safety team as well.
Responsibilities of the Environment and Sustainability Manager will include:
- Engaging with senior professionals within the business and dealing with all queries that are highlighted, and then implementing strategy to create improvements
- Managing the expectations across all areas of the business, which consists of retail stores, warehouses, and also their head office
- Ensuring the business aligns with local legislation, as well as environmental compliance
- Assessment and monitoring of Environmental and Sustainabilityperformance across the organisation and ensuring that data is collected to put forward proves business cases and drive business continuity (covering the likes of packaging for products, or paper bags used by customers)
The successful Environment and Sustainability Manager will have:
- Relevant qualifications related to Environment or Sustainability, such as Environmental Health degree (equivalent)
- Proven experience in a similar role, ideally within the propertyor retail industry, but could also be within logistics and distribution or FMCG manufacturing
- Experience working with teams andleading by example on Environmental / Sustainable change
- Proven understanding of ISO management systems is ideal
This role is a hybrid working role, but will have extensive travel as the organisation does have number of stores across the UK
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established retailer with a long history and heritage. For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Matthew Cathcart on +44(0) 1923 432 636 or apply here.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.