SHE Advisor for a process Manufacturing business - Up to £35,000 - Lanarkshire - Permanent
Your new company
I am currently working with a national Manufacturing business to recruit a SHE Advisor to join a collaborative team based in Lanarkshire. Established over 20 years ago, this company drive innovation, invest in their people's development and pride themselves on their skilled and professional employees. Producing a product which is sold internationally, this client has a strong vision and drive operational excellence.
Your new role
Reporting into the UK Head of SHE and the Operational Site Management team, you will be responsible for ensuring SHE compliance across the site whilst driving continuous improvements and delivering best practices. You will also be working alongside another SHE Advisor on site
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing influential and practical advice and director for multi sites
- Support Managers and Supervisors with embedding SHE procedures on site
- Maintain and update all relevant SHE records
- Assist departments to ensure appropriate risk assessments and safe systems of work are in place
- Assist with regulatory and compliance audits
- Make recommendations for the implementation of new policies and procedures
- Where relevant, investigate causes of accidents, near misses and non-conformances
- Deliver and take part in mandatory training days
- Maintain SHE management systems to ensure compliance with regulations, environmental permits, reports and certifications
What you'll need to succeed
You must have previous experience in a Health & Safety role, ideally within manufacturing or industry and hold NEBOSH as a minimum. An environmental qualification or proven experience leading environmental initiatives is highly desirable. You will have excellent communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels, previous experience working with management systems and a flexible approach to work.
What you'll get in return
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leader where you will receive a salary of up to £35,000 (depending on experience), 33 days holiday (including Bank Holidays), pension scheme, bonus potentials and annual salary reviews. There is also an opportunity to work 1 day per week hybrid, depending upon the needs of the business
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.