Grade 11 £42,614 - £47665 per annum
37 Hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced health and safety professional to join our established team here at North Tyneside Council.
As the operational lead designated to our Property Services directorate you will provide technical expertise and guidance to Directors and Managers to support them in discharging their duties and responsibilities, influencing safety in relation to a number of projects and activities across our housing and public buildings investment programmes.
Ideally you will have significant post qualification experience gained within the construction, building maintenance or social housing sectors.
The successful candidate will:
- provide specialist and technical health and safety advice to managers and employees of the council and its partners as well as trade unions.
- lead on complex health and safety issues, researching and designing appropriate solutions and initiatives which fit with the council’s core values whilst enabling the organisation to enact its statutory obligations under health and safety law.
- lead members of the health and safety team designated to the directorate to ensure the successful delivery of the service whilst supporting the Senior Occupational Health and Safety Manager in the development and delivery of wider strategic initiatives.
- actively contribute to the development, implementation, management and review of our health and safety management systems.
- be able to develop and deliver engaging and informative training
- promote and drive forward a positive health and safety culture.
- attend and represent the team and the council at local and national meetings and forums.
Qualifications required: NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent. CMIOSH (or working towards).
You will need to have excellent communication and IT skills and be an effective team leader who can build strong and lasting relationships with a range of people across the council.
You will need to be able to work in locations across the borough as necessary, in combination with office-based working at our Quadrant East and Killingworth sites as well as the option for home working, flexible to the needs of the service.
For an informal discussion please contact Anthony Laing, Senior Occupational Health and Safety Manager, on 07812 484 012 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In return for your valuable contribution, you will have access to our excellent benefits package which includes:
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme (for contracts of 3 months or more)
- A supportive Occupational Sick Pay scheme
- A generous annual leave allowance, which increases with service, plus bank holidays
- A range of flexible working and leave options, including part-time working, to support work/life balance (subject to business requirements)
- Access to Occupational Health services including physiotherapy and counselling
- Our Employee Assistance Programme which includes a telephone helpline and extensive online resources for support and advice
- Extensive training and development opportunities including access to our Learning Pool online platform
- Supportive career progression
- Discounted membership of our Leisure Centres including 5 gyms; 4 pools; 2 spas and over 250 classes every week
- The Benefits Plus Scheme, enabling salary sacrifice for Car Leasing; Cycle to Work; additional annual leave; public transport season tickets and professional subscriptions
Credit Union Savings Scheme