Health and Safety Manager Salisbury | £50,000 to £60,000 + Company Car and Excellent Benefits
We're pleased to have been engaged to recruit a Health and Safety Manager for a specialist warehousing and logistics company that has a great reputation within the UK. This position will play an important role in promoting a positive Health & Safety culture across the site in Salisbury.
This role is specifically responsible for managing the health and safety across the logistics department with visits to distribution centres and retail stores across the UK when required.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Maintaining policies and procedures and ensuring the site is compliant
- Providing support and advice to operations teams and conducting regular meetings to review safety action plans
- Auditing Safety, Health and Environmental performance, accurately reporting and investigating incidents and near misses
- Liaising with company engineers, managers and contractors regarding the Health and Safety requirements of the sites and equipment
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role, ideally within transport, logistics or warehousing
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Diploma (or equivalent) and relevant membership of IOSH
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience engaging colleagues at all levels
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a professional and forward-thinking organisation and develop your career further. The role includes travel, so a valid UK driving license is required. If the role is of interest, please contact Kirstie Putman on or 01923 432 635.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the Health and Safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.