Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 plus Excellent Benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a global pharmaceutical manufacturer, to recruit an Environment Manager. The company are leaders in their field and focus on research and development and work alongside the manufacturing arm of the business. The company have a global reach with facilities in North America, Europe and Asia.
This role is specifically responsible for all Environmental matters on the company's main site in Northumberland with occasional travel to one other site in Scotland.
Responsibilities of the Environment Manager will include:
- Ensuring compliance of all environmental licences/permits and related UK legislation
- Implementing environmental management systems, carrying out environmental audits, and environmental monitoring across sites
- Engaging with key internal and external stakeholders including senior management, operational staff and external regulators
- Leading on new initiatives and always seeking opportunities to improve and develop Environmental performance across the sites
The successful Environment Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within a manufacturing, pharmaceutical or industrial environment
- A degree in Environment, Sustainability or related subject and ideally membership of IEMA
- Experience with Permitting and ISO management systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all business levels, specifically in presenting
This is an excellent opportunity to take on a leadership position for a world leading brand within their field. If the role is of interest, please contact Emily Flynn on or 01923 433 289.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.