Job Title: Electrical Operative
Location: Eastern Lane or Ower Depots
Business Unit: Highways
Hours: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £15.71 ph + Benefits
We are Kier, one of the UK's leading construction and infrastructure services, working on projects such as Local and Strategic Highways.
We are now recruiting for an Electrical Operative to join our Highways team in Basingstoke to assist with installation, maintenance and testing of highway lighting, traffic signs and other associated equipment.
What you'll be doing:
- Install, repair and maintain new and existing highway electrical equipment to include cable laying, lighting columns, signposts, feeder pillars, control gear and associated equipment.
- Assist in locating faults and the making of repairs including jointing to underground cable systems
- Install and repair lanterns and control gear
- Undertake inspections and routine cyclic works
- Produce accurate activity records via Confirm or Alloy
- Respond to emergency situations within the parameters of the Area 3 M&R contract
We are seeking candidates who:
- G39 / ECS certification
- Experience with operating and working from MEWP
- Full driving Licence
- Free life assurance,
- Access to our valuable pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement and many more!
Find out more about the great we offer our employees.
Closing date: Friday 27th May 2022 Please note, interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early.
Kier is committed to creating supportive and inclusive opportunities for all our applicants and employees. We appreciate applicants from all backgrounds and we specifically encourage those from underrepresented communities to apply. Take a look to learn more about our commitments to diversity and inclusion. If you require any reasonable adjustments during any part of the application process, please let us know so we can discuss and arrange these by emailing .