Health and Safety Advisor - construction - Nottingham - excellent opportunity for a NEBOSH qualified Health and Safety professional to grow and develop within a well-respected, stable main contracting organisation.
Salary £30k-£35k+car/car allowance (c£5500 p/a), pension matched to 5%, healthcare (inc immediate family cover) and extensive training and development opportunities.
• To understand the Group’s HSEQ Policies and appreciates the allocated responsibilities. This post is responsible for supporting the implementation of the company HSEQ policies and procedures within the group and its activities that it undertakes.
• To undertake training as required to enable him/her to adequately discharge his/her duties.
• To give advice to the HSEQ Committee and management on all aspects of health and safety, environmental and quality in relation to the Company’s operations.
• To assist management with the production of HSEQ plans, risk assessments and method statements (RAMS), starter packs and associated site and office documentation.
• To provide advice on training requirements and arrange training courses where required.
• To maintain records of all accidents and incidents and produce appropriate statistics.
• To endeavour to improve safety awareness throughout.
• To maintain sufficient contacts, including liaison with external health and safety organisations to enable him/her to remain up to date with all health and safety legislation relevant to activities.
• Relevant health and safety legislation is complied with in all the activities.
• To undertake sufficient assessments to ensure that the responsibilities for the health, safety and welfare of all persons affected by it are discharged effectively.
• To co-operate with Directors and other company managers in ensuring that all employees receive adequate and appropriate task specific and general HSEQ training commensurate with their occupation and responsibilities.
• To carry out regular inspections and audits of the office and construction sites and places of work and provide copies of each report to the Directors highlighting any faults and the corrective action required to rectify same.
• All required Statutory Regulations are observed, that competent persons are appointed to complete registers, records, assessments, reports etc. and all statutory posters, documents etc. are available and displayed where necessary.
• Receive reports of all recorded accidents, reportable diseases and dangerous occurrences from Site Managers, record them and provide reports and statistics regarding the HSEQ record to the HSEQ Committees.
• To investigate all reportable accidents, diseases and dangerous occurrences and ensure that forms are completed and sent to the HSE Incident Centre.
• Relevant health and safety information is distributed to those affected by contents, both Group employees and contractors.
• All contractors’ health and safety organisation and arrangements are assessed and approved before they are entered on the Contractor Management System database. Ensure that all contractors will be re-vetted every three years.
• Construction Phase Health and Safety Plans are reviewed and approved before issue to the CDM Co-ordinator and circulated to all affected parties upon final approval.
• Responsible for the management of the agreed contract between sites and the appointed Safety Consultants and any associated communications.
• Set a personal example by taking due regard of their own health and safety where appropriate.
• To actively promote safety on site through consultation and communication with site staff and operatives.
• Commend operatives who, by action or initiative, eliminate hazards.
NEBOSH Construction cert (desired)
NEBOSH General cert (minimum)
Relevant construction sector experience (desired)
IT literacy (essential)