SHEQ Assistant - Permanent - £25,000 - Wigan
Your new company
Due to expansion, I am currently working with a manufacturing client to recruit a SHEQ Assistant for their business based in Wigan. Part of a wider group, my client is experiencing an increase in their production which has led to a requirement for the right candidate to work with an experienced SHEQ Manager to support the business through this growth period and into the future. Committed to using innovative approaches, you will be joining a team of experienced and highly skilled employees who provide products and solutions for their customers across the UK.
Your new role
Reporting into the SHEQ Manager, you will be responsible for supporting with daily tasks to ensure that the business remain compliant and that a positive safety culture is promoted. Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that all H&S policies and procedures are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated
- Assist in documenting and investigating all incidents and accidents
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out
- Administer risk assessments
- Support in undertaking regular audits to check policies and procedures are correctly implemented in accordance with ISO9001, 14001 and 45001.
- Conduct training and development of employees including toolbox talks
- Provide administrative support across the SHEQ department.
What you'll need to succeed
My client is looking for a candidate who holds NEBOSH or is working towards this qualification alongside IOSH. Internal auditor qualification is desirable but not essential. You will have previous experience and exposure to Health & Safety in a manufacturing environment and have exceptional communication skills along with strong attention to detail. You will be driven, self motivated and keen to continue a career within SHEQ.
What you'll get in return
This is a fantastic opportunity for a junior SHEQ assistant to gain exposure to a fast paced, manufacturing environment. The position is full time and is offering a salary of £25,000 which could be negotiated depending on experience but is not guaranteed. If you are just starting your career within Health & Safety or have had some experience in a similar role, this role could be just for you.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.