Head of Health & Safety
London | Excellent Salary & Benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged exclusively by Derwent London to recruit their Head of Health and Safety. Derwent London are the largest London focused real estate investment trust and among the UK's most innovative property regeneration specialists and investors. They are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index, with a portfolio which includes 77 buildings totaling 5.6 million sq ft, 99% of which is located in central London.
Reporting to the CEO, this role offers a unique opportunity for a Health and Safety professional to join a true leader in the property industry. This role is primarily tasked with leading the team to achieve a best-in-class health and safety standards. Given the nature of the business activities, it is important the successful applicant has experience in both property management requirements for a central London portfolio and complex construction sites.
Responsibilities of the Head of Health & Safety will include:
- Leading the health and safety team to ensure a culture of best practice health and safety across the business including both development projects and operational management of the property portfolio
- Providing expert guidance and ensuring accurate and timely reporting to the Board of Directors and engage with all staff across the organisation on health and safety issues
- Developing and managing the health and safety management system, seek opportunities to improve and enhance the overall health and safety strategy and performance
- Representing Derwent London externally on health and safety industry boards and committees ensuring the organisation is kept abreast of changes to legislation and proactively look at improvements that can be recognised internally and externally as best in class
The successful Head of Health & Safety will have:
- Proven experience in a similar leadership role within property, construction, facilities management (or a related industry) ideally with Plc exposure and an understanding of associated reporting requirements
- Experience in influencing, engaging, and coaching across all levels of the organisation from site to the boardroom
- Hold a NEBOSH / NCRQ Diploma and Chartered status within a relevant membership body - IOSH / IIRSM (or equivalent)
- An understanding of associated risks within both a large complex property portfolio and major construction projects, with experience driving health and safety performance within the associated supply chains
A fire related qualification would be ideal.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established property company with a long history and strong heritage. For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Matthew Cathcart on +44(0) 1923 432 636 or apply here.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.