Head of Health & Safety
Property | Leeds |circa £80,000 plus car allowance
We're very pleased to be partnering with a leading commercial property company, who are seeking a Head of Health and Safety to lead on the strategy and management of health and safety across their multimillion-pound property portfolio. The company owns and manages these numerous properties located across the UK, which consists of commercial workplace builds and residential. This is a fantastic opportunity to lead health and safety in a professional and dynamic working environment.
Responsibilities of the Head of Health & Safety will include:
- Ensure a culture of best practice health and safety across the business and property portfolio, ensuring regulatory compliance
- Provide expert guidance and leadership to the Board of Directors and engage with all staff across the organisation on health and safety issues
- Ensure activities across the portfolio are properly risk assessed and manage a regular audit programme to evaluate performance
- Develop and manage the health and safety management system, seek opportunities to improve and enhance the overall Health and safety strategy and performance
The successful Head of Health & Safety will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within property, the built environment, Facilities (or a related industry)
- Experience in influencing, engaging, and coaching across all levels of the organisation from site to the boardroom
- NEBOSH / NCRQ Diploma (or equivalent)
- Membership of a professional body (eg IOSH) Chartership of IOSH (or working towards)
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established property company with a long history and strong heritage. For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Matthew Cathcart on +44(0) 1923 432 636 or apply here.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.