Job Title: Reactive Operations Manager
Salary: Competitive + Car + Benefits
At Kier, we are Collaborative, Trusted and Focused, with Safety at the heart of everything we do.
We are currently looking for a Reactive Operations Manager to join our Highways team in Ipswich to provide full responsibility for the delivery of the emergency and reactive service for Suffolk Highways.
As Reactive Operations Manager you will give full management and coordination of all service provider(s) either through internal delivery or the external supply chain to deliver the emergency, out of hours, and reactive works service. Manage the reactive works managers to ensure preparation of works programmes to comply with the highways maintenance operational plan (HMOP) service level agreements. Ensure adequate resources, procedures and processes are in place to effectively deliver the out of hours service. Support the tactical management team in the delivery of business continuity measures in relation to the reactive service and severe weather events. Overall control of reactive service to ensure safe, timely (legal) and economical completion of defects. Review, ensure and implement necessary improvements for compliance with daily and weekly productivity of all reactive operations, manage continuous improvement to productivity. Provide professional and technical guidance and coaching to the workforce.
We are seeking candidates who?
- Have relevant construction skills/Street Works Supervisor certificate
- Are New Roads Street Works Act (NRSWA) accredited
- Hold a health and safety qualification, preferably IOSH or site management safety training scheme (SMSTS) or demonstrable equivalent training or qualification
- Demonstrate management experience in the delivery of highways defects including coordination of service providers
- Understand HMOP intervention standards and codes of practice / guidelines
- Have experience of the CDM regulations and risk identification / assessment
- Stand comfortable with emergency and reactive delivery standards and techniques.
- Can demonstrate supervisory or management experience, including monitoring data and delivering KPI's
- Will be able to work on site and provide out of hours cover for emergency and eactive service activities
- A company car or allowance
- A matched pension scheme up to 7.5%, 26 days' annual leave + bank holidays
- Two employee Share Scheme options (Sharesave and Share Incentive Plan)
Find out more here about the great we offer our employees.
Kier is committed to creating supportive and inclusive opportunities for all our applicants and employees. We appreciate applicants from all backgrounds and we specifically encourage those from underrepresented communities to apply. Visit our website to learn more about our commitments to diversity and inclusion. If you require any reasonable adjustments during any part of the application process, please let us know so we can discuss and arrange these by emailing .
Closing Date: 8th June 2022 Please note, interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early. Recruitment agencies - we are unable to accept unsolicited CVs and communications from external recruiters. The recruitment team will engage with agencies who have signed up to our PSL should we require assistance. For further information, visit our .