Regional Health and Safety Manager
Newcastle upon Tyne, covering North West, North East and Scotland | £40,000 - £50,000 + Company Car and Excellent Benefits
We're pleased to have been engaged to recruit a Regional Health and Safety Manager for a leading specialist utilities contractor. The role is focused on helping to ensure the safe delivery of projects, frequently liaising with various subcontractors to ensure compliance. This role will involve regular travel primarily across the North West and North East of England as well as Scotland and is critical to the company's continued success.
Responsibilities of the Regional Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Implementing health and safety policies and procedures on site, ensuring compliance and keeping updated with key changes to legislation
- Engaging with site managers, ensuring responsibilities are clear and answering technical health and safety related enquires
- Keeping updated with key changes to legislation across Safety, Health, Environment and Quality and ensuring the organisation remains compliant
- Continually developing and reviewing the health and safety management systems in line with industry best practice
The successful Regional Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven Health and Safety experience within utilities, waste, rail, construction or related industries
- NEBOSH/NCRQ Certificate (or equivalent) and membership of IOSH
- Experience working with established management systems (ISO 14001, 9001, 45001)
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a forward thinking and dynamic organisation with a very well-regarded brand in the industry. A UK Driver's License is essential. If you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply or call 01923 432 635.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the Health and Safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.