Environment, Health and Safety Manager
Uxbridge | £45,000 - £55,000 plus excellent benefits
We've been engaged by a specialist industrial manufacturing company to recruit a Environment, Health and Safety Manager. The organisation has a global reach and work with some of the leading organisations within the defence sector and oil and gas industries.
Environment, health and safety are part of the fabric of this organisation and they have an exceptional track record. This role will lead and develop the health and safety culture across the business at their facility based in Uxbridge.
Responsibilities of the Environment, Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Auditing safety, health and environmental performance across the business including ISO management systems 45001 and 14001
- Identifying and propose changes to policies, procedures and processes to improve the company's compliance with H&S duties
- Engaging with the workforce and ensuring a behavioural based safety culture is maintained and improved as a core value across the site
- Engaging with key internal and external stakeholders including contractors, regulators, and enforcement agencies where applicable
The successful Environment, Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role ideally within a related manufacturing or engineering environment (facilities management advantageous)
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate (or equivalent), membership of relevant body (e.g. IOSH)
- Experience working with ISO management systems
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience engaging clients, staff, and contractors
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leader in their field with the chance to make the role your own. For further information or to discuss your career, contact Andy Harris on or 01923 432 634.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.