As our Health, Safety and Wellbeing Specialist, you're the connection that brings the whole team together, and your role is pivotal to developing our future plans. We're a brand new Council, created in April 2021 so there is plenty of opportunity to contribute innovative ideas, develop processes and shape our offering so we can provide the best possible Health, Safety and Wellbeing services to our colleagues in all directorates of the council.
You will lead, coach and develop a team of Health, Safety and Wellbeing Advisors working closely with frontline managers, to provide professional advice and challenge on the full range of Health, Safety and Wellbeing matters.
Your knowledge and expertise will ensure that sensible Health & Safety solutions are provided to meet business needs within the requirements of legislation and good practise. You will lead on the development of policies and procedures, consulting with our Trade Unions and as lead advisor to the council's Joint Health Safety and Wellbeing Committee, experience working within a unionised environment is essential.
You will hold a Diploma Level qualification in Occupational Health & Safety, NEBOSH or equivalent, and ideally IOSH membership, experience leading a team would be an advantage.
Your extensive Health, Safety and Wellbeing experience should include knowledge of local government services and the associated risk profiles.
Based at our modern offices in Northampton, in this part flexible role you will also need to travel to other sites within the West Northants district.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees including:
* Working in a supportive, creative team where your ideas are valued and welcomed.
* 27 days annual leave per year, plus bank holidays, increasing to 32 after 5 years' continuous service.
* Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
* Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
* Cycle to Work scheme.
* Employee Assistance Programme - We have a free "Employee Assistance Programme" run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
* Ongoing training and development opportunities.