Health & Safety Manager
Salary: £55,000 plus benefits
We have been engaged by a well-regarded high-end specialist contractor to recruit a new Health and Safety Manager for the company. The organization is well known for the quality of their work within the construction industry, and regularly work with the UKs largest Principal Contractors and construction clients. Health and Safety has always been at the top of the agenda for the business and this role is critical to ensure the continued success and performance of the function.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager include:
- Lead on health and safety strategy, ensuring the health and safety management system and best practices are implemented successfully throughout the business
- Co-ordinate and communicate health and safety activity and new initiatives across the business
- Regularly visit sites, auditing health and safety performance and acting as the key point of contact on health and safety matters across the organization
- Accurately reporting on health and safety performance and communicating this across the organization
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a health and safety related role in construction ideally working for a subcontractor but not essential
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and membership of IOSH
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience engaging a wide range of stakeholders
- A keen eye for detail with the ability to work independently or as part of a team is essential
This is a fantastic opportunity to elevate your career within a company that is going from strength to strength. For further details please contact Kristian Gribble on or call 01923 432 690.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.