Job Title: SHE Manager
Location: Home/Colchester with travel to sites across the South East England
Business area: Kier Utilities - UK Power Networks
Contract: Full or Part-Time, Permanent.
Salary: Competitive plus car or car allowance
Due to growth, we have an opportunity for a SHE Manager to join our UKPN team.
As far as we are concerned, the safety, health, and wellbeing of our people, our contractors and members of the public is paramount. We have a people-focused culture where co-operation and ownership are an integral part of continual improvement and innovation.
We need you to help us lead the team and advise Kier's employees on minimising and avoiding risks around their day-to-day work. Nothing is so urgent that we cannot take time to do it safely.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Maintain compliance with Kier Group SHEMS requirements
- To lead by example and demonstrate highest possible SHE values across the contract
- Maintain professional and industry training competence
- Lead in incident and near miss investigations as required
- Support Operational activity as required to produce, maintain and monitor safe Systems of Work
- Reporting SHE statistics and performance and measure against Key Performance Indicators
- Promote Kier values and Performance Excellence Culture
- Identify ideas and initiatives for improvement in standards
- Work with our supply chain to promote common high standards
- Encourage open, active and positive SHE culture and challenge non-compliance at every opportunity
- Work in and when required, lead, collaborative strategy groups within Kier Utilities to improve consistent approaches, collaborative working, innovation and share best practice.
- Proactively participate in engagement to enhance SHE culture within Kier and the wiser Alliance; employees safety forum/champion meetings, supply chain safety forums & formal events such as 'stand ups'
- Produce monthly SHE reports for Senior SHE Manager and Head of SHEA
What do we need from you?
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Membership of relevant professional institution (e.g. Grad IOSH or Chartered)
- Practical understanding of CDM Regulations
- Membership of relevant professional institution
- Working towards NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Located ideally in South East England
- Experience working in utilities, providing first line advice, reporting and tactical support
- Working knowledge of ISO 14001 and BS OHSAS 18001 Standards would be an advantage.
At Kier, we're proud to be able to offer our fantastic employees a wide variety of benefits that you can tailor to your needs. Some of our benefits include:
- New and enhanced family friendly policies with 8 weeks paternity leave, 26 weeks maternity leave, pregnancy loss leave, surrogacy leave and important guidance on the menopause and the support we can offer
- A competitive annual holiday entitlement with opportunities to buy/sell leave.
- A fantastic, matched pension scheme
- Share in the success you help to create by investing in Kier through our sharesave and share incentive plans.
- 24/7 virtual GP service for you and your family
- Kier's Green Car Scheme
- A huge range of deals and discounts at many your favourite brands
- And many many more!
Find out more at
Kier is committed to creating supportive and inclusive opportunities for all our applicants and employees. We appreciate applicants from all backgrounds and we specifically encourage those from underrepresented communities to apply. Take a look here to learn more about our commitments to diversity and inclusion. If you require any reasonable adjustments during any part of the application process, please let us know so we can discuss and arrange these by emailing InclusiveRecruitment@kier.co.uk.
Closing Date: 25/06/2022 Please note, interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early. Recruitment agencies - we are unable to accept unsolicited CVs and communications from external recruiters. The recruitment team will engage with agencies who have signed up to our PSL should we require assistance. For further information, visit our .