Job Title: Senior SHE Manager
Location: Flexible Home/Office with travel to sites
Business area: Kier Utilities
Contract: Full or Part-time Permanent.
Salary: Competitive plus car or car allowance
Due to growth, we have an opportunity for a Senior SHE Manager to join our Utilities team.
As far as we are concerned, the safety, health, and wellbeing of our people, our contractors and members of the public is paramount. We have a people-focused culture where co-operation and ownership are an integral part of continual improvement and innovation.
In this role we need you to lead the Energy & Water SHEA Team to a high performing state where they provide first class support to the Operations teams and together drive an improvement within SHEA performance across the division.
Nothing is so urgent that we cannot take time to do it safely.
- Actively promote Safety, Health and Welfare, leading and setting a good example to other employees and stakeholders
- Lead the SHEA teams.
- Develop and maintain the IMS in line with the needs of the business and the Kier IMS requirements.
- Work closely with the operational teams in carrying out their roles and SHE responsibilities.
- Provide timely and affective operational SHE support and advice to the business unit.
- Ensure operational compliance to approved SHE procedures.
What do we need from you?
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- NEBOSH Certificate - General or Construction.
- Membership of relevant professional institution.
- Working knowledge of ISO 45001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 Standards
- Environmental qualification (IEMA or equivalent) and Quality qualification (CQI or equivalent) would be advantageous.
At Kier, we're proud to be able to offer our fantastic employees a wide variety of benefits that you can tailor to your needs. Some of our benefits include:
- New and enhanced family friendly policies with 8 weeks paternity leave, 26 weeks maternity leave, pregnancy loss leave, surrogacy leave and important guidance on the menopause and the support we can offer
- A competitive annual holiday entitlement with opportunities to buy/sell leave.
- A fantastic, matched pension scheme
- Share in the success you help to create by investing in Kier through our sharesave and share incentive plans.
- 24/7 virtual GP service for you and your family
- Kier's Green Car Scheme
- A huge range of deals and discounts at many your favourite brands
- And many many more!
Find out more at
Kier is committed to creating supportive and inclusive opportunities for all our applicants and employees. We appreciate applicants from all backgrounds and we specifically encourage those from underrepresented communities to apply. Take a look to learn more about our commitments to diversity and inclusion. If you require any reasonable adjustments during any part of the application process, please let us know so we can discuss and arrange these by emailing .
Closing Date: 25/06/2022 Please note, interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early. Recruitment agencies - we are unable to accept unsolicited CVs and communications from external recruiters. The recruitment team will engage with agencies who have signed up to our PSL should we require assistance. For further information, visit our .