Job Title: SHE Advisor
Business area: Kier Utilities - South West Water
Contract: Full or Part-Time, Permanent.
Salary: Competitive plus car or car allowance
Due to growth, we have an opportunity for a SHE Advisor to join our South West Water team.
As far as we are concerned, the safety, health, and wellbeing of our people, our contractors and members of the public is paramount. We have a people-focused culture where co-operation and ownership are an integral part of continual improvement and innovation.
We need you to advise Kier's employees on minimising and avoiding risks around their day-to-day work. Nothing is so urgent that we cannot take time to do it safely.
- Actively promote Safety, Health and Welfare, leading and setting a good example to other employees and stakeholders.
- Work closely with the operational teams in carrying out their roles and SHE responsibilities.
- Provide timely and affective operational SHE support and advice to the business unit.
- Assist the operational teams in developing Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work.
- Conduct regular and robust health and safety Inspections & Audits.
- Ensure all accidents, incidents and near misses are reported quickly and are also effectively investigated, contributing to Incident Review Boards and Incident Review Panels.
- Ensure operational compliance to approved SHE procedures.
- Ensure that all SHE reporting requirements are provided accurately and in a timely manner.
- Implement the Kier Integrated Management System in Telecoms.
- Assist Management teams in the development of health and safety related documents.
- Advise and assist in the identification of health and safety training requirements
What do we need from you?
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Membership of relevant professional institution (e.g. TechIOSH or above).
- NEBOSH Certificate (preferably Construction) or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of ISO 14001 and BS OHSAS 18001 Standards would be an advantage.
At Kier, we're proud to be able to offer our fantastic employees a wide variety of benefits that you can tailor to your needs. Some of our benefits include:
- New and enhanced family friendly policies with 8 weeks paternity leave, 26 weeks maternity leave, pregnancy loss leave, surrogacy leave and important guidance on the menopause and the support we can offer
- A competitive annual holiday entitlement with opportunities to buy/sell leave.
- A fantastic, matched pension scheme
- Share in the success you help to create by investing in Kier through our sharesave and share incentive plans.
- 24/7 virtual GP service for you and your family
- Kier's Green Car Scheme
- A huge range of deals and discounts at many your favourite brands
- And many many more!
Find out more at
Kier is committed to creating supportive and inclusive opportunities for all our applicants and employees. We appreciate applicants from all backgrounds and we specifically encourage those from underrepresented communities to apply. Take a look to learn more about our commitments to diversity and inclusion. If you require any reasonable adjustments during any part of the application process, please let us know so we can discuss and arrange these by emailing .
Closing Date: 25/06/2022 Please note, that interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early. Recruitment agencies - we are unable to accept unsolicited CVs and communications from external recruiters. The recruitment team will engage with agencies who have signed up to our PSL should we require assistance. For further information, visit our .