Environment and Sustainability Advisor
Rochester | £35,000 + Car Allowance
Irwin and Colton has been engaged by a by a high-profile civil engineer to recruit an Environment and Sustainability Advisor. The organisation is going from strength to strength, winning new work as well as successfully delivering on long term projects, and currently turnover in excess of £300m. The environmental agenda has always been core to their operations, and hence are looking for an Environment and Sustainability Advisor, to help support their demand. This is an excellent opportunity to join the existing Environment and Sustainability team and further develop your career.
Responsibilities for the Environment and Sustainability Advisor will include:
- Ensuring the delivery and development of the sustainability policy, and compliance with legislation and regulations across a wide range of diverse projects
- Conducting site visits and audits, constantly scanning for opportunities to drive improvements, and deliver training where required
- Monthly performance reports, analysing trends, opportunities, and risks
- Constantly scanning for key environmental risks, such as carbon impact, waste and impact to local government
The successful Environment and Sustainability Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within utilities, civil engineering or a related industry
- Qualified in an appropriate environmental discipline, ideally a degree in Environment, Sustainability or related subject and ideally membership of IEMA
- Excellent communications skills with proven experience engaging a wide range of stakeholders
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant environmental and sustainability legislation, with experience across carbon management
A UK driver's licence is essential. Contact Isla Robson on or 01923 432 801.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Environment, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the Environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Senior Advisor, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Advisor positions.