Head of Health and Safety, Dartford | £80,000 + Car Allowance and Excellent Benefits
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a well-regarded building and property contractor to recruit a Head of Health and Safety. The company turnover in excess of £400m and this newly created role will be responsible for leading the team and driving strategy. The company has long term contracts with large organisations across the property space, and this role is critical to their success.
Responsibilities of the Head of Health and Safety will include:
- Leading a team ensuring the implementation of health and safety policies and procedures on site
- Engaging with senior managers, clients and external stakeholders ensuring responsibilities are clear
- Continually developing and reviewing the health and safety management system in line with industry best practice
- Providing expert guidance and ensuring accurate and timely reporting of health and safety performance to the Board
The successful Head of Health and Safety candidate will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within construction, civil engineering, property or utilities
- Ideally hold a NEBOSH/NCRQ diploma (or equivalent) and hold or be working towards CMIOSH
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and engage key internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
UK Driver's license is essential.
Contact Andy Harris on or 01923 432 634 for more information.
Job reference: AH1641
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.