Environment and Sustainability Manager
Dartford | Circa £50,000 + Car and Excellent Benefits
Irwin and Colton has been engaged by a well-regarded building and property contractor to recruit an Environment and Sustainability Manager. Turning over in excess of £400m, the company are currently going through a period of growth. The company has long term contracts with large organisations across the property space, and this role will be tasked with driving environmental and sustainability strategy companywide, making this position critical to their success.
Responsibilities of the Environment and Sustainability Manager include:
- Leading on the Environment and Sustainability agenda across the full lifecycle of projects, with particular focus on carbon and waste
- Writing, reviewing and delivering policies and procedures to ensure environment best practice is implemented onsite
- Engaging with a range of key stakeholders including contractors, clients, regulatory bodies, to help drive Environment performance
- Accurately reporting on Environment performance and communicating this across the organisation
The successful Environment and Sustainability Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role, ideally within property services, construction or a related industry
- Qualified in an appropriate environmental discipline, ideally a degree in Environment, Sustainability or related subject and ideally membership of IEMA
- Proven experience working with ISO4001
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all business levels, specifically in presenting
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a professional organisation and develop your career further. If the role is of interest, please contact Isla Robson on or 01923 432 801.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.