Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality Manager required to join a well-established marine construction company for a permanent position in the UK. The job is on a full-time basis reporting to the Managing Director. Works will predominantly be in the vicinity of London and the South East UK based in our head office in Chiswick, however sites may be anywhere across the UK.
We can offer flexible working in terms of location between home, sites, and our head office in Chiswick - a fantastic competitive package will be provided for the right candidate.
The role will involve working in the senior management team at Herbosch-Kiere developing the business and heading up SHEQ activities. You will be dynamic, a good communicator, and able to develop and implement new ideas and practices.
The appointed position will be responsible for:
- Developing existing policies and procedures to ensure best practice within HSE
- Providing subject matter knowledge, advice, and guidance to the management team and the business as a whole
- Conducting site wide inspections and audit programs to monitor and develop improvement within the business
- Delivering in-house HSE training to the workforce
- Identifying opportunities for risk reduction and positive promotion of good practice
- Maintaining and building strong relationships with all levels of the work force
- Coaching and mentoring managers onsite, improving culture and performance
- Arranging and managing audits for company ISO standards
- Overseeing, developing and overseeing wellbeing and social value schemes
- Monitoring internal company KPI's
To be considered for the role you will:
- Be a hands-on and operational health and safety professional with additional QA knowledge
- Have HSEQ experience gained in fabrication and construction environments, ideally with marine construction knowledge
- Have working knowledge of lifting operations / practice to British Standards
- Have working knowledge of management systems (ideally ISO 45001, ISO 14001, and ISO 9001)
- Be a passionate HSE professional, keen to develop positive working environments
- Hold a NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum qualification
The key role and main job scope is for a health and safety professional with a day-to-day focus on health and safety within the business and on our construction sites. A secondary working brief will be to manage our environmental compliance and quality management systems as part of the overall HSEQ role.
Herbosch-Kiere Ltd aims to create an inclusive workforce that represents a diverse variety of backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and skills. We are an equal opportunities employer - no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, religion, race, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic.